OK - sometimes I am a little slow.
One of the reasons I decided to maintain a blog was to help myself remember those peculiar idiosyncrasies when scripting. Well shame on me....
My script was working fine until I added the most important piece (from a customer perspective) - the pretty chart. I am a big fan of PowerGadgets and try to utilize them wherever possible. Well, when I added Out-Chart with an output parameter, I received the ambiguous error, "A generic error occurred in GDI+".
So naturally, I pulled up Google and started searching. I vaguely recalled seeing this before but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then I saw it. ....Permissions....
Yes! Now I remember. If the UNC path I am trying to save my chart to is wrong or permissions are not configure properly, I get the error.
- Verify your UNC path before throwing it into your script.
- Use your blog!